Our Terms and Conditions were last updated on November 8, 2023.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using Norns Triad Publications’ website, services, or purchasing our products.
The following definitions may have defined meanings based on the following conditions regardless of whether they appear in singular or in plural:
For the purposes of these Terms and Conditions:
- “Amazon Affiliate” means an entity who may receive a profit share from the sales of a product or goods through Amazon affiliate links.
- “Affiliate Websites” means the websites of our authors and administrators, Julie M. Northup (www.jmnorthup.com), Sahara Foley (www.saharafoley.com), and Karen J. Mossman (www.karenjmossman.com), which we share our content to.
- “Account” means a unique account created for You to access our website or parts of our service or products.
- “Company” (referred to as either “the Company”, “We”, “Us” or “Our” in this Agreement) refers to Norns Triad Publications.
- “Country” refers to the United States.
- “Content” refers to content, such as text, images, or other information that can be posted, uploaded, linked to, or otherwise made available by You or us, regardless of the form of that content. This includes intellectual property.
- “Device” means any device that can access the website, services, or products, such as a computer, a cellphone, or a digital tablet.
- “Feedback” means feedback, innovations, or suggestions sent by You regarding the attributes, performance, or features of our website, services, or products.
- “Products” refer to the products or items offered for sale, such as ebooks and book trailers.
- “Orders” mean a request by You to purchase services or products from Us.
- “Promotions” refer to contests, sweepstakes, or other promotions offered through the website.
- “Service” refers to the digital and intellectual services provided by Norns Triad Publications and its affiliates, such as editing, formatting, and blogging promotions.
- “Terms and Conditions” (also referred as “Terms“) mean these Terms and Conditions that form the entire agreement between You and the Company regarding the use of the website.
- “Third-party Social Media websites” means any website or content (including data, information, products, or services) provided by a third-party that may be displayed, included or made available by our website.
- “Transmission” means the delivery of content by posting directly to our website, an affiliate website, or via email. This may include other forms of digital file transfers of content not listed.
- “Website” refers to Norns Triad Publications website. This is www.nornstriad.com.
- “You” means the individual accessing or using our website, or the company, or other legal entity on behalf of which such individual is accessing or using the website, services, or products, as applicable.
These are the Terms and Conditions governing the use of this website and the agreement that operates between You and Norns Triad Publications. These Terms and Conditions set out the rights and obligations of all users regarding the use of the website, services, and products.
Your access to and use of the website is conditioned on Your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use the website. By accessing or using the website, You agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If You disagree with any part of these Terms and Conditions then You may not access the website.
Since You may use our website, services, and products if you can legally form a binding contract with us, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority where you live). If you’re under 18 years of age (or the legal age of majority where you live), you can only use our website, services, and products under the supervision of a parent or legal guardian who agrees to the terms and conditions.
When You create an account with Norns Triad Publications, You must provide Us with information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of Your account on Our website.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password You use to access our website and for any activities or actions under Your password, whether Your password is with Our website, an affiliate website, or a Third-Party Social Media platform. In addition, You agree not to disclose Your password to any third party. You must notify Us immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of Your account.
Please note: You may not use as a username the name of another person or entity or that is not lawfully available for use, a name or trademark that is subject to any rights of another person, or entity other than You without appropriate authorization, or a name that is otherwise offensive, vulgar or obscene.
Content posted on our website is “as is” and “as available.” We do not and cannot warrant the system will operate without errors.
Our website allows You to post Content. However, you are responsible for its legality, reliability, and appropriateness. When you submit content to us for use, regardless of transmission, you are proclaiming ownership, usage rights, and accepting full responsibility for any legal actions that may occur. You represent and warrant that: (i) the Content is Yours (You own it) or You have the right to use it and grant Us the rights and license as provided in these Terms, and (ii) the posting of Your Content on or through the website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights, or any other rights of any person.
Norns Triad Publications and its affiliates will NOT be held accountable.
You retain any and all of Your rights to any Content You submit, post, or display on or through our website, and You are responsible for protecting those rights. However, by posting Content to the website, You grant Norns Triad Publications and its affiliates the right and license to use, modify, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce, and distribute such Content on and through the website, including our affiliate websites.
Norns Triad Publications and its affiliates are not responsible for the content of the websites’ users.
You expressly understand and agree that You are solely responsible for the Content and for all activity that occurs under your account, whether done so by You or any third person using Your account.
You may not transmit any Content that is unlawful, offensive, upsetting, intended to disgust, threatening, libelous, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise objectionable. Examples of such objectionable Content include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Unlawful or promoting unlawful activity.
- Defamatory, discriminatory, or mean-spirited content, including references or commentary about religion, race, sexual orientation, gender, national/ethnic origin, or other targeted groups.
- Spam, machine – or randomly – generated, constituting unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, chain letters, any other form of unauthorized solicitation, or any form of lottery or gambling.
- Containing or installing any viruses, worms, malware, trojan horses, or other content that is designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of a third person.
- Infringing on any proprietary rights of any party, including patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity or other rights.
- Impersonating any person or entity including the Company and its employees or representatives.
- Violating the privacy of any third person.
- False information and features.
Norns Triad Publications reserves the right, but not the obligation, to, in its sole discretion, determine whether or not any Content is appropriate and complies with this Terms, refuse or remove this Content. The Company further reserves the right to make formatting changes, edits, and adjust the manner of any Content. We can also limit or revoke the use of our website if You post such objectionable Content.
As Norns Triad Publications cannot control all content posted by users and/or third parties on the website, you agree to use the website at your own risk. You understand that by using it, You may be exposed to content that You may find offensive, indecent, incorrect, or objectionable, and You agree that under no circumstances will the Company be liable in any way for any content, including any errors or omissions in any content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of your use of any content.
Although regular backups of Content are performed by WordPress.com and our other vendors, Norns Triad Publications does not guarantee there will be no loss or corruption of data. Corrupt or invalid backup points may be caused by, without limitation, Content that is corrupted prior to being backed up or possible changes during a backup. We have no control nor liability over this or the integrity of your personal intellectual property/content.
We do not house content or intellectual property. You are responsible to maintain a complete and accurate copy of any Content in a location independent of from our website.
Law protects intellectual property, and we take that seriously. We at Norns Triad Publications use intellectual property that we either own, have purchased for commercial use, is royalty-free, or allowable per U.S. Fair Use laws. If you supply your own content, it must also meet these copyright requirements.
When you submit content to us for use, you are proclaiming ownership, usage rights, and accepting full responsibility for any legal actions that may occur. Norns Triad Publications will NOT be held accountable.
Norns Triad Publications deeply respects intellectual property rights and law. We will promptly respond if there’s a claim of potential copyright infringement. If you are a copyright owner, or authorized to act on behalf of one, and believe a copyright infringement is taking place through our products or services, please contact us immediate. Submit written notice to the attention of “Julie M. Northup – copyright agent” via email firstname.lastname@example.org and include in a detailed description of the alleged infringement.
Please note: You may be held accountable for damages (including costs and attorneys’ fees) for misrepresenting or falsifying any infringing Your copyright.